After a stroke you realize that you have survived but your very being is broken and your emotional life is in tatters. These are just some of the emotional needs that come swirling out of the mists rising from the black abyss of stroke.... Will they ever be met?
1. the peacefulness of being safe and secure
2. the calmness of being without anxiety
3. the glee to be able to use an arm and leg again
4. the joy of being loved
5. the happiness of being understood
6. the clarity of thinking and remembering
7. the warmth of talking and communicating
8. the freedom of independence
9 the satisfaction of work
10.the happy ability of being able to read
11.the independance of being able to drive.
To move, to walk, to talk, to read, to write, to hug, to hold, to drive, to go to the store, to eat out, to work
And some of the worries:
I will have another stroke, I will be in a wheelchair,I will be a mental veggie, I can't go out any more, I can't communicate, I will be in a rest home , No one understands,I will always need care, I will loose my family, I will loose all my friends.
Stroke survivor since 2002