Thursday, October 16, 2014

Our New Approach To Communication Meets The Challenge!!!

Nicole Caron
A guest post by:  Nicole Caron, the Social Media Manager at Voiceitt.





Voiceitt is an Israeli-based technology startup whose mission is to create innovative solutions that helps aid the lives of people with disabilities. The fundamental goal of VoiceItt is to foster independence and social inclusion for the disabled and improve their quality of life. Voiceitt is currently developing Talkitt, an innovative speech technology which is able to recognize unintelligible language and translate it into understandable speech. Ultimately, Talkitt is giving individuals with speech impairments their voice back! 

Until now, the approach taken by developers of assistive technology for people with speech disabilities has completely bypassed voice, opting to use other modes of communication including communication boards that replace speech with symbols and images, head-tracking, eye-tracking, and switches. There are no products on the market today that allow people with speech disabilities to communicate using the most natural means, their voice. This is the gap Talkitt is trying to fill. 

TalkItt is a step forward for better social inclusion for people that suffer from motor, speech, and language disorders; allowing users to freely express themselves and be understood with speed and ease. This innovative product is based on personalized speech recognition technology, which recognizes the user's speech and translates it into understandable language that is displayed on and vocalized by the user's device. TalkItt works on mobile and wearable devices, so it is portable and easy to use and without the stigma attached to clunky, obtrusive existing solutions (AAC). People with speech disabilities will be able to speak, and have TalkItt translate for them with minimal delay. The solution can be integrated to make phone calls, use social media, and activate smart phones and assistive devices, facilitating communication and control on all levels.

We have a basic pilot, however, Talkitt is currently in its developmental stage. Listed below are links to our company website and videos of individuals using Talkitt. We are collecting funds in order to further its production. In our efforts to raise money, we have launched an indiegogo crowdfunding campaign (link provided below) and have applied to various grants. We plan on having a basic Talkitt product out within 6-8 months.

The company video: https://vimeo.com/98136263

Different examples of usage: https://vimeo.com/100643482

Orit (CP) Pilot: https://vimeo.com/98433436

Jack (ALS) Pilot: https://vimeo.com/100689671

Indiegogo Crowdfunding Campaign: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/talkitt-this-is-my-voice

3 comments:

  1. As a sign of gratitude for how my husband was saved from stroke , i decided to reach out to those still suffering from this.
    My husband was diagnosed of stroke and it was really tough and heartbreaking for me because he was my all and the symptoms were terrible, he had difficult speaking , and he always complain of muscle weakness and balance disorder . we tried various therapies prescribed by our neurologist but none could cure him. I searched for a cure and i saw a testimony by someone who was cured and so many other with similar body problem, and he left the contact of the doctor who had the cure to stroke . I never imagine stroke has a cure not until i contacted him and he assured me my husband will be fine. I got the herbal medication he recommended and my husband used it and in one months he was fully okay even up till this moment he is so full of life. stroke has a cure and it is a herbal cure contact the doctor for more info on drwilliams098675@gmail.com on how to get the medication. Thanks for reading my testimony

    ReplyDelete

  2. Is my pleasure to comment on this site and I thank the admin of this site for his/her great work so far. I really don’t know how to thank DR Johnson for helping my Husband cured for over 20 year of suffering from a terrible Stroke, His Stroke started when He was 49 year i thought is going to end one day but even get worse as days went by,i have tried all western drugs prescribed by doctors but to no avail I lost total concentration,I came across DR Johnson contact through a headline news on internet about how DR Johnson have help so many people to get cured of Stroke and so many other with similar body problem I contacted him and he told me how to get his herb,few day later he sent me the herbal portion which he take every morning for one month, and his medicine was able to restore me back to normal and now am very okay without any side effects whatsoever If you have Stroke, you can contact him on his email address drjohnson958@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear FRIENDS,
    now i have a beautiful smiling face and so are which you all, after reading my testimony. My name is kate, I am 31 years old,
    And i live with my husband in Belgium, but I am from UK. I was diagnosed in 2012 with stroke. Doctors told me this condition was forever. I know how you feel and what you are going through right now, I just want to tell you that I am cured now with the help of doctor williams herbal medication, the last time I can remember having stroke was in the summer of 2018. It was a long and difficult process but I am so thankful to dr williams after using his medicine I don't have it anymore. Please know you can be cured too. Accept what happened and is happening to you, forgive, let the past go, love yourself and others unconditionally and be thankful. Everything happens for a reason. If you want to get in contact with dr williams and share your own testimony and thoughts feel free to e-mail him on; drwilliams098675@gmail.com for advice and for his product.

    ReplyDelete