|Happiness is being back in a kayak after my stroke|
By using the M-I-A method, I am turning my book into an effective tool to help stroke survivors (or persons effected by stroke) regain an independent life with joy and happiness, rather than one of anger, anxiety, frustration and depression.
What is the MIA method? M = motivation, I = Information and A = action steps
Some of the strongest motivating emotions for someone who has experienced stroke are.
1. The ANXIETY of having another stroke.
2. To have the FREEDOM of living independently.
3. To feel the JOY of being loved and having control over emotions.
4. The GLEE of having arm and leg movement again.
5. The HAPPINESS of doing simple tasks every day.
2. How to regain the ability to live independently and to become your own caregiver.
3. How to manage emotional feelings of frustration and anger.and how to love and be loved by family and friends.
4. How to kick start your brain into turning paralysis into movement within your body again.
5.How to set goals and take steps to do simple every day things like being able to open a can or zip up a zipper.